There is nothing I love better than a beautiful day, so let’s take some time to enjoy this amazing planet we live on.
I am not here to preach, I am merely here to state some interesting facts that we should all take into mind everyday.
- On average, each person throws away 4 lbs. of garbage a day (about 1.5 tons a year!)
- 84% of all household waste is recyclable, but only about 30% is actually recycled
- Every ton of paper you recycle can save 17 trees!
- Every year Americans alone use over 100 billion plastic bags a year, and only recycle about 1% of those
- Raising livestock for food contributes more greenhouse gases than all the cars and trucks in the world combined
*These facts are not mine.
Obviously no one expects you to completely transform your lifestyle, but there are so many easy things we can all do to help.
- Recycle when you can
- Compost when you’re home (it’s great for gardens)
- Try not eating meat a few days a week (it’s very healthy not to)
- Turn off lights when you walk out a room and unplug devices you aren’t using (this is also great for your energy bill)
- Investigate incentives near you to go green (some companies pay you to recycle)
It is definitely corny, but every day really is Earth day. After all, it’s the only reason we are able to exist and thrive. Let’s keep it healthy so the generations to come can enjoy our world’s beauty.